Thursday, January 23, 2014

What have you done?!



Over on The Bimillenial Man my spirit brother did this little survey thingy that's been going around on facebook. I'll take his lead and do it here on my blog rather than there because, why not? I've left the ones not done in red. Many of these questions are rather infantile, like little kids fishing for info on their friends, hence why it's making its way around on fb, but it's still fun. The kid in us is always there and sometime he/she likes to come out to play, no? So, let's play.





1. HAD SEX:
Well, yeah. Wife. Daughter. Fourth decade of life. I would hope so.


2. SMOKED:
Yes. Luckily for me I don't have an addictive personality so I can take it or leave it. At one point in my young adulthood I was smoking nearly two packs a day. So sick. I quit cold turkey one day when I realized I had no breathing capacity for strenuous physical activity. Didn't smoke at all for nearly two years. My friends were amazed. It was simple for me. The ability to run for my life was more important than any minimal pleasure I got out of smoking.
Haven't smoked in a long while. Only ever get the craving when I'm out and drinking. Otherwise, I'm done with that.


3. GOT DRUNK:
Yes. I've been SMASHED more times than really necessary for a human. Hey, 10 years in the Air Force it's going to happen. Again, something I'm not locked to. I enjoy a drink now and then but I don't really drink to get drunk too much anymore. I like single malt scotch and nice stouts, porters, ales, and hard ciders.


4. WENT SKINNY DIPPING
No. At least I don't remember doing that. Nope.


5. KISSED SOMEONE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX:
Come on son. Of course I have. I love kissing women.


6. KISSED SOMEONE OF THE SAME SEX:
Hell to the N-O. At least not in a romantic or sexual way. I kissed my father when I was a kid. That's about it. Don't count.


7. CHEATED ON A TEST:
Heh-heh. Oh yeah. I was a kid, smart, intelligent, and lazy. What?


8. FELL ASLEEP IN CLASS:
All the time. I even fell asleep in my military classes in technical school. And was still one of the top three students in my class. Yeah, I'm good. No cheating either.


9. BEEN EXPELLED:
Nah.

10. BEEN IN A FIST FIGHT:
Yup. Never lost a toe to toe fight in my life. Haven't had many but enough to know I can handle myself. And I've learned a lot since I was young.


11. STOLE SOMETHING:
I was introduced to the skill of thieving at a very early age. Much too early unfortunately and it was a personality trait for a very long time. Most of my childhood actually. I'm so glad I grew beyond that.


12. DONE DRUGS:
Technically no I didn't DO them. Like number 11, the same people who I learned how to steal from introduced into my system something that should never be given to a child. I've since forgiven them but... Otherwise as an adult, no.


13. DYED YOUR HAIR:
No.


14. CRIED YOURSELF TO SLEEP:
Yes. The woman I loved and wanted to marry died.


15. BEEN IN LOVE:
Yes. Many times.


16. GOT CAUGHT DOING SOMETHING YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN DOING:
Yeah. It happens.


17. WENT STREAKING:
No. Not even pissy drunk would I do this.


18. GOT ARRESTED:
Well yes. No real criminal activity. Traffic bullshit.

19. MADE OUT WITH SOMEONE:
Dumb ass question. I was a very, very, very young kid my first time. I've ALWAYS liked girls!


20. PEED IN THE POOL:
I'm sure I have. An accident though.


21. PLAYED SPIN THE BOTTLE:
Yeah. As an adult when I was in the military once. Nothing happened.


22. DONE SOMETHING YOU REGRET:

No, no not really. Things I used to think I regretted I realized brought me onto paths that I would never change, so no. Never. For instance, when I was 11 years old I finally got my wish: To go live with my mother. I lived with her for two years but because I wasn't doing as well in school as I had been when I was with my father I had to back to him. Incidentally, that is the first time in my life that I was brokenhearted. However, if I hadn't gone back to NY to live with my father I most likely would have never met my spirit brother, The Bimillenial Man, my bestestest friend in this entire universe! You think I regret that?



There you go. Like my spirit brother, despite us both growing up in the South Bronx, I've lead a relatively sheltered life. I'm no innocent but I'm not exactly a hell raiser either. I think I'm a healthy rebel. If you're so inclined you can let me know which of these you've done in your life.


LAterz

1 comment:

  1. Great post! And, yes, I think about how much I would have missed out on if not for you coming back to NY when you did. No Queen. No Highlander. And--worst offense of all--no Alan Dean Foster!!! Would've been a sad 4 years of high school for me. Damn!

    ReplyDelete