Friday, December 19, 2008

Don't tell me ethinicity(race) doesn't matter anymore!!!!!

The following is a excerpt from this rather disturbing but not surprising article.

The witness shows me a home video he recorded shortly after the storm. On the tape, three white Algiers Point men discuss the incident. One says it might be a bad idea to talk candidly about the crime. Another dismisses the notion, claiming, "No jury would convict."

If you haven't clicked the link and read the article, the above references the blatantly ethnically charged vigilantism perpetrated against Black men in New Orleans, specifically in Algiers Point, a predominantly white neighborhood, in the weeks following hurricane katrina.

There's a whole lot I wanted to write while I was reading this article and now I'm just blah. This is the country I live in. I'm SICK of this shit! I can't wait until I see an america where there is no one alive who was born before 1970. Yes, I realize that includes my parents and many of my friends' parents but, oh well. I love my parents but this is bigger picture shit I'm talking about. I can't help you if you don't understand. I'm TIRED! I've read and learned about stuff happening like in this article in history as I grew up and I shouldn't be reading about shit like this happening NOW!

And if you haven't seen Spike Lee's When the Levees Broke I suggest you watch it. It's a very important documentary of how this government once again failed it's citizens miserably.

No comments:

Post a Comment