Thursday, December 4, 2008

Amazing

Wow. David hates shit like this (coincidences) but I gotta do it because he JUST blogged about it. I've been planning on doing a post on The Cosby Show for a couple of days now. I bought the 25th Anniversary Box set of the whole season last Friday. I've been watching it pretty much ever since and was constantly reminded of why it is the BEST show there ever was on american television. There has never been a more balanced american family on american television, period. Interesting how our tastes coincide considering the title of his post. Naturally, I had to copy the scene he used to illustrate the brilliance of the show because it is one of the most memorable scenes in the history of the show. Whenever I think of the show I get a mental picture of Phylicia Rashad as Claire Huxtable(I did a post on this previously) and the scene below. Yeah, I just finished the first season and started the second and am amazed, yet not surprised in the least, at how well the show stands up to the test of time and how great it was and still is. This was the only show my brother and I were really allowed to watch as we ate dinner when we were young.




And one little note. Bill Cosby did this show to show a good, decent, and loving american family not a Black family. It just so happened that the family happened to be Black. This was so needed at the time and, sad to say, still is. As an end I'd like to say thanks to Bill Cosby and all of the cast and crew who worked on the show on it's run.

Oh yeah, unlike David I had a HUGE crush on Lisa Bonet from the time this show first aired. Smokin' Hot don't begin to cover that woman. Dayum! indeed.

Of course, at the time this particular show aired I didn't realize how sexually charged this Ray Charles song was until I got older and especially after I saw the biographical film starring Jamie Foxx. However it is also a very loving song as well, which is why I'm sure Bill used the song. Plus it's a GREAT song. Bill Cosby had/has BALLS for doing this, but he had balls for doing the show period. I say thanks again!!

1 comment:

  1. You know I'm going to have to borrow your DVDs now, right? Just saying . . . once you're done.

    I was 8 when this particular episode aired. And, yeah, I don't know what was wrong with me back in the day, but I never saw Denise in an attractive way, just as an older sister. But DAYUM, now that I'm older, I can definitely see the sexiness of this fine woman at work. I mean, I definitely liked Lisa Bonet in my later years. Like when she was on A Different World, especially. But I guess I was just too innocent to notice her when she was on the Cosby Show.

    Oh, and Phylicia Rashad was fine in her own way, too! Of course, back then she was more of a mother figure for me, so it took me a while to notice. In this clip, tho, she's the one with the best rhythm. She can really move -- wow!

    Good memories.

    ReplyDelete