Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Can You Feel It!

This is without a doubt, my absolutely FAVORITE song! and video to this day and forever. I remember being a little kid, late '70's, watching Soul Train on the weekends. This video came on every weekend and I NEVER missed it. I LOVED this song and video. Obviously I still do. Ever had someone ask you what your favorite song is? If you're anything like me that would be, and has been in the past, a very difficult question. I listen to pretty much EVERYTHING! I go from hardcore hip-hop, to Nuevo Flamenco, to hard rock, to classical, to adult contemporary pop, to R&B, to a lil' bit of country, with some folk music thrown in, and a whole mess of differing world musics. Oh yeah, can't forget the jazz and blues. And whatever falls inbetween those things. It wasn't until I rediscovered the song about two years ago that I finally had a solid answer to that damn question. It took me back to the simplest, happiest time in my childhood. Don't get me wrong, I had a pretty good childhood, all around, but this time period was special. I'm taken back there everytime I hear this song. I remember vividly sitting on my Nannies bed gazing, enraptured by the sounds and visuals of this song and video. And I still love it. So, I'll share the pain, old pain for me, and ask, What's your favorite song?



You can't tell me you don't FEEL this song! And the video! Positively AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment