Friday, November 7, 2008

The Glamour is gone

Here's a rather insightful blog I found to be a near enough of a mirror of what I'd been feeling about the whole Obama being voted in, that I figured I'd post it instead of writing a whole long thing myself. I let myself get caught up in the emotions of the moment as is only natural. But like I've said before I have serious problems with this country and Obama is inheriting a country damn near broken. I hope all of us who supported him will continue to do so, and those who didn't need to because it's done, and help heal this place. (It will NEVER be what I envision it should be, but I'm sure everyone feels that way.) The most we can do is try and just BE as well as possible with one another.

See, I'm reading a rather insightful and very important book entitled, God is Red: A Native View On Religion, by Vine Deloria Jr., and I'm just even deeper in my serious dislike for this country than I usually am. Anybody have a problem with me saying this see my very first post, I'll even link it for you so you don't have to figure out how to find it. I've learned quite a bit about my country's history since early childhood and continue to learn more so I have a wealth of things to be pissed about. Yeah, I've seen "progress" but not nearly enough. Obama is just another step, not the end all be all. Please remember that.

Oh, by the way, the writer of the blog happens to be a very nice and revolutionary minded MC (rapper for those of you who don't know the difference)who calls himself, Immortal Technique. If you like Public Enemy, dead prez, even KRS-ONE you should probably be down with the Technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment